ལྷག་གནང་མི་ལུ་བཀྲིན་ལེགས་སོ་ཡོད།།

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 14, 2011

Royal Wedding In Punakha


Usually I set alarm to get up early in the morning to study. Whatever other work be I never set alarm to wake me up early. On the 12th midnight I was not sure whether I set it but early in the morning I heard my mobile alarm ringing so impressively. Out of my zeal to witness the joyous occasion I thought I have set it to remind me to witness the present that is going to be ultimately the history of nation. Immediately I took shower and get primed to sit in front of 24’’ TV.

The rising sun and its shining rays casing uniformly all the country, chirping birds, cool wind and smiling people was what I could feel and see soon I sit on the blue chair. The novelty of Phungthang Dewa Chenpoi Phodrang and it’s around serene scene adds more live to joy of the people. Soon the arrival of King, royal family, government heads, Je khenpo and guests from outside country ingredient the real feeling of witnessing the present. It is eventually the history. Sometimes history is painful and sometimes joyful. History can’t be written without pain or joy. But this was the day where history was decorated as a most joyous moment. We have won and we are victorious.

Everything was traditional. The sacred nuptial ceremony was sanctified in a traditional religious ceremony, which was performed in the grand Kuenra (congregation hall), the main seat of Drukpa Kagyue tradition. The religious ceremony had begun with His Holiness the Je Khenpo conducting the prayer of Zhabdrung Dag Nangma at Machhen lhakhang; while other Lopon and monks initiated Tshepa Mey prayer at the grand Kuenra.

His majesty the King received the Dar Na Nga, an arrangement of silk scarves in the five auspicious colours, representing the five elements. The Fourth Druk Gyalpo received the Dar Na Nga for the royal bride from Machhen and bestowed the silk scarves on her in the antechamber.

After receiving empowerment from the Zhabdrung Machhen, the sacred nuptial ceremony was performed. Je Khenpo initiated to chant sutras, Ngoe drup Langwa and offered Tashi lekdar. The representatives of government and the people offered the Mendrey, Ku, Sung, Thud and Thrinley (mandala, body, speech, mind, qualities and deeds), Tashi Ze-gye (eight auspicious articles), Gyal Sid Naduen(symbols of the universal emperor) and Tashi Tagye (eight auspicious symbols) to their Majesties the King and Queen.

After that the celebration with public started. There were special dedication songs and dances performed by different schools, senior citizens and dancers from RAPA. With delightful smile and curvy body movement, all dancers performed to their best.

His majesty the King and Queen met personally with all the people gathered and talk with them. The peoples’ wishes were conveyed. Guests from outside the country got golden opportunity to wish and converse with the King and Queen. With no encumbrance the day was ended with Tashi Labay. And let’s all reminisce with smile the history created together.

Palden Drukpa Gyello!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will love to read your constructive criticisms, if I may deserve.